2
Total Mentions
1
Documents
0
Connected Entities
Name reference in documents
EFTA01728083
, installs her collection there, and opens it to the public. She establishes the Peggy Guggenheim Foundation to operate and endow the museum. 1952 Rebay resigns and James Johnson Sweeney is named Director of the museum. The name of the Museum of Non-Objective Painting is changed to the Solomon R. Gu
Chagall. He is guided in this pursuit by a young German artist and theorist, Hilla Rebay (born Baroness Mika Rebay von Ehrenwiesen). In July 1930, Rebay brings Guggenheim to Vasily Kandinsky's Dessau studio, and Guggenheim purchases several of the artist's paintings and works on paper; he will eventu
No connected entities